Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sewing

It's been awhile since the sewing bug was at our home. Usually, I spend 6-8 weeks sewing in the summer making clothing for the school year and presents for Christmas. One thing I did begin is teaching a beginning sewing class for Madelyn and a couple of her friends. The girls are starting with gathered aprons and dish towels. None of my daughters want to learn to sew. Amy, Katie, and Madelyn do some knitting, but they have a fear of working with material. Silly girls! Hopefully, Madelyn will discover her "inner sewer" this summer and at least ONE of my girls will share my favorite hobby. This is a photo of the apron I made as an example for the sewing students to see. I love big pockets in my aprons to hold all the stuff I accumulate when tidying up.

No comments: