Sunday, August 21, 2011

More injuries

My left foot has been bothering me for the last couple of days. I woke up and found that it was painful to stand. My foot was fine when I went to bed, so I ignored it and continued on my day, hobbling for one thing to another. It didn't improve the next day and my foot was turning blue. This morning, Mike and I were trying to figure out what had happened and I remembered that I had stumbled over an antique wooden crate in the middle of the night on my way to the bathroom. I was half asleep and forgot all about it the next day.

After an x-ray, I learned that I've broken the two smallest toes. I won't mention how many times I've broken toes in the last 10 years. Obviously, my days of running around in sandals or barefoot need to end. My toes are tied together and should heal in the next 3-4 weeks. Bummer!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

ouch! Bummer indeed! Hope it heals soon and the pain is gone even more quickly.