Saturday, August 10, 2013

New Competition Hair



I'm a much cooler mom that I thought.  A few years ago, I let Steve, Joe, Madelyn, and Katie streak their hair.  Dying their hair a normal hair color was really a problem for me, but I hate how damaged the harsh dye does to their normally healthy hair. 

Madelyn was heading off to Cheer Nationals and wanted to do something crazy with her hair.  I finally agreed to bleach the ends of her hair and dye the ends bright red.  Two smelly hours later, she had 2-2 1/2 inches of red on all the ends of her hair.  The dye is permanent and will continue to come out in every shampoo.  My towels will never be the same!

Madelyn gets to keep her slightly wild hair until she returns from cheer camp which occurs the week after Nationals.  She's thrilled with her new look!

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

My eldest has ruined some towels with her hair dye (mostly the bleach, though) but we don't seem to have a problem with dye coming out after that.

Eldest Daughter can't wait to dye her hair again. I've been holding off on letting her color it because it's almost time for her senior pictures, and I wanted her real hair color visible.