Monday, October 28, 2013

Color Block Cards


My letterbox trading card obsession has provided many smallish scraps of paper.  I hate to throw them out and have been gradually filling a box with the small pieces of scrap booking paper.  Last summer, in the midst of all our chaos, there was a pin on interest about using scrap booking paper to make color block greeting cards.  It seemed such a simple solution to my increasing number of scraps.  I cut the various papers using a paper cutter to get straight edges, then tried out various designs until the result was pleasing.  The papers were simply glued to cardstock weight paper that was cut and folded to create a card. 

The project was quick and easy.  My youngest daughters helped create a few more of the cards to use for their friends.  These cards will be used as note cards, so the insides were left blank.


No comments: