Sunday, December 1, 2013

National Novel Writing Month

November 28 was the monumental day that I finished 50,000 words on my novel.  I had had a terrible migraine for several days and began to doubt that I would meet the goal.  There are still a number of chapters to write, but I'm very proud of what was accomplished. 

Amy needed to write 30,000 words in the last week to make goal.  She finished early in the morning on November 29.  Amy joined the local group of NaNoWriMo writers who met each week to talk and write.  Today was the celebration gathering at a local restaurant.  The entire experience has been inspiring for her.

The two of us will be editing and rewriting during January and February.  I'm hoping that she can keep me on track.  It's so easy for projects that are strictly for me to get pushed aside and I'd really like to get this novel completed.

Paige and Allie have been watching me write each evening.  They have asked questions and asked to hear parts of my story.  Last night, Allie asked if I would like to hear her book.  She has been writing up in her bedroom.  Allie had completed 5 notebook pages in a spiral notebook.  This is HUGE!  Allie was struggling to write three sentences for me for school in September.  It took her 40 minutes to write three sentences.  I am so happy that she is excited to be writing a book.  Her writing was much better than I expected.  She used descriptive words, conversation between characters, and variety in her sentence structure. 

Paige has been writing a novel as well.  She hasn't shared it with me yet, because she wants to have her first chapter done first.  She has also been illustrating each page.  I'm waiting impatiently for her to let me have a first look at her work.


No comments: