Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Working With Yarn

Hand knitted and hand crochet items always impresses me.  The skill and patience that goes into creating something from scratch while using yarn are things that I have never been able to find.  Not to mention that the feel of yarn rubbing against my finger makes me grit my teeth until my jaws ache. Fortunately, my grandmother-in-law and my mom were very talented in that area.  My mom taught Amy to knit when she was young and Mike's grandmother taught her to crochet.

Amy had a lot of time on her hands, so she began to make me crocheted dish cloths.  The crocheted cloths are so superior to purchased terrycloth that I was thrilled when she made me a few dozen.  Her life has become busier, so about half a skein of cotton thread was left over.  Last week, I picked it up and asked Amy to remind me how to crochet.  Since them I have made three dishcloths!  The cotton yarn doesn't bother me like the normal sweater-type of yarn.

I will probably never crochet afghans or throw blankets, but I can keep my household supplied in my favorite type of dish cloth.  Small pleasures and accomplishes brighten my day.

No comments: