Sunday, November 9, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014

It's National Novel Writing Month again!  Amy and I have been busy writing, writing and more writing.  Last year, I wrote a children's book about some of the crazy things that my children have done.  It was a pleasure to write and I enjoyed writing about the events from a child's perspective

This year, I'm writing a mystery that is producing a much greater challenge.  At one point, it was necessary to backtrack in the story, because I had forgotten to kill off my first victim!  I had spent so much energy trying to make the setting realistic that I completely forgot where the story was headed.

I'm enjoying the process of writing something completely from my imagination.  Some of the characters have become very real to me, evolving into people with their own unique personalities.  It's been surprising my outline for the story has needed to change as the characters grow. 

There are a couple of blog posts planned and partially written that I hope to complete later this week.  One involves some crafts the other a fabulous field trip. 


1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm jealous! I toy with the idea of writing, but it seems I'm incapable of coming up with plots.